Saturday, November 1, 2008

Woodland Retreat

It is Saturday morning. The beginning of our first full day at our woodland retreat. It was nice to wake up and hear the sounds of our two families preparing for the day ahead.

Keri prepared a wonderful breakfast – scrambled eggs and strips of bacon, toast with jelly, coffee with French vanilla creamer, and the sweetest canteloupe I may have ever eaten (I do apologize to all the canteloupes that have come before. But this was, by far, the sweetest and tastiest melon that I have ever "eated.")

Rod and many of the children are at a gymnastics meet and soccer game. Keri has taken the two older girls to the Army-Air Force Football Game. After the game, they will be bringing our older son home with them.

Our good friend, Ruth DiPalma, arrived around ten this morning to sit with us, talk with us, and help Merrily with my care. It has been a great blessing to be able to spend time with her. She helped with moving me and bathing me. She also massaged my legs. Here she is, posing with me.
It is now 5:44 p. Rod and the children are home now. They are making some last-minute preparations in the basement for our older son. We are anticipating his arrival within a few hours.
Some words of wisdom for this day . . .


Seek godly counsel or advice from those who live godly lives and have a track record of experience and wise decision making. Avoid the counsel of those whose Christian life is questionable or who have experience of failure in making sound decisions. “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety” (Proverbs 11:14). “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly...” (Psalm 1:1).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brother Bond,
I'm not sure if you remember me or not, because I only met you a couple times. This is Phil Hunt, former coach and youth pastor at Damascus. I just wanted to let me know that I have prayed for you, and I thank the Lord for your testimony of God's grace in difficult times.
A sinner saved by grace,
Pastor Phil Hunt

Marjo said...

Jim and Merrily, we continue to follow your story which is really His Story and pray for you daily. We lift your family up in prayer for strength in this time. What a blessing you are and continue to be. May His Peace be with you...a hug from Alaska and the DeForest family(Ed Marjo and Zach)

jmichael said...

May Jesus Christ be praised! Especially in these times of uncertainty and difficulty. Praise Him with me! Please pray that I will - and that we all will - keep our hearts and minds focused on seeing Jesus in the midst of these circumstances and seek to honor and glorify Him above all.

Pastor Phil and Kathleen - of course I remember you. I enjoyed the brief talks we had together at the b-ball tournaments. I pray that God would continue to bless you as you grow together in the Lord and as you serve Him together. If you have an an opportunity, e-mail me at jmichaelbond@hotmail.com, share with me what God is doing in your life, so that I know better how how pray for you. In the meantime, know that I appreciate your prayers and encourgement, and that I am praying for God's blessing upon you, your marriage, and your ministry together.

Ed and Marjo - same to you, e-mail me and let me know how I can pray more personally for you. God had given me this opportunity to have more time to pray for others, and I would like to use the time the way He intends me to use it.

To all who post comments, I thnak you for reading and posting. I thank you for your prayers and encouragement. And I invite you to e-mail me. As long and as much as the Lord allows, I will answer personal e-mails and will seeek to be an encouragement to all who seek to interact with me.

Our God is a Great and Glorious God. May we all seek to live for Him, no matter what circumstances we may be facing.

Anonymous said...

Hey James! Its Kyle from Honesdale EMS. Thanks for the pics and the right up. It was great meeting you, your one determined man! Best of luck to you.

Gregor Family said...

I’m glad you people have the enthusiasm to passionately comment on this page. My mom is really getting into my nerves so I can’t be as passionate as you people are. Maybe I should ask her to attend a family blessings seminar with me.