Monday, November 3, 2008

Massaging Feet and Sorting Socks

It is mid-morning on Monday. I awoke this morning, in pain, but I awoke!

My beautiful wife - my beautiful, smiling, smoking-hot, Titus 2, Proverbs 31, woman-after-God's-own-heart wife woke up beside me, gave me some pain medication, and massaged my aching feet and legs. After caring for me, she climbed back in bed to do her devotions, and then went to the basement to do her morning exercises. This is the first morning in a while that she has been able to get back into some kind of personal care routine.

I took some time to pray with my daughter before she left for school this morning. She has an exam and several quizzes today. There is a lot on her mind even without the exams. I encouraged her to do her best, and reminded her that we and God both know the pressures she is facing.

After seeing all of the children off to school this morning - what a treat! - my wife and son took care of my hygienic needs and propped me up in bed. I am now sitting up the straightest I have been in a week - and it makes me feel so much better!

My wife prepared a great breakfast for me and for my son - eggs, grits, and toast.

After breakfast, I spent some time answering e-mails. When people do not know what to say, they offer the Word of God. What better words of encouragement! Among the passages I read this morning was John 8:34-36. So if the Son sets you free you will be free indeed. In Christ, we are set free from bondage to sin to be free to be slaves for Christ. Free to live for Him. Free to serve Him wholeheartedly.

My wife and I are now spending some time catching up on paperwork. Life or death. There is always paperwork!

My son is sorting socks for Mrs. McL. A discouraging task.

I am listening to a CD of Rebecca Rowe playing and singing some of my favorite hymns and songs. Beautiful piano music. Beautiful vocals. Beautiful words. As I mentioned before, she has created the soundtrack of my life. How Great Thou Art. Above All. All in All. Change My Heart, O God. In Christ Alone. The Eye is on The Sparrow. I'll Fly Away. Give Thanks. Victory in Jesus.

Keri and Braden just showed us three tics that they removed from Samson, their dog. But the Long Island "girl" -turned - country- girl has no qualms about burning those things to a crisp after all of the health problems they have caused in their family. It's tic-burning time in Berlin Township!

It is almost noon. Enough blogging for now. Until later.

1 comment:

Raffy Brown Covenant Marriage said...

Nice blog! I remember a blog about Covenant Marriage Seminars with a similar discussion. What a coincidence.