Monday, November 3, 2008

Walking in Love

It is Monday, almost 10 p. The household has settled down. Each of our families spent time doing family devotions.


Our family time was focused on Ephesians 5:16-17. Paul begins the chapter (in verse 1) reminding the believers to imitate God by walking in love. In verses 16-17, he writes:

See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the times are evil.

I reminded the family, that because our days are numbered, we need to be wise in how we use them. We need to demonstrate God's love to others. As our lives are being lived out in the spotlight these days, we want people to be drawn to God's love. We want them to know the love and grace that we have found in the Lord Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Bond,
I have tried several times to e-mail you, but to no avail. Today I will try again. Thank you for your testimony. May our Lord always receive the glory. Your challenge to be an imitator of Christ is great, but your life example has been greater. My family is praying for you and your family. Several days ago I asked Larissa to please take off the "plastic wrist band collection" on her arm. She insisted that the black one was staying on because that reminds her to pray for you. Later that day she expressed that even though she may loose that years from now she will still have the scar on her own leg to always remember you and to live the life that you have. PTL! Your testimony has changed so many. Many hours of sharing God's word and your blog led to the salvation of our neighbor only a few weeks ago. Thank you for shining the light of our Lord. I am so glad that James made it home. I hope that you feel the love and grace of our Lord today. Your amazing with God by your side shining through and I thank you for sharing your life lessons with so many. We are praying for you and your family. Love, Kandy Clark

Anonymous said...

As for God, His way is perfect...
Psalm 18:30a

Stanley Covenant Marriage said...

I agree with you, I guess. I just don’t know how to argue just as passionately. Perhaps this is the result of attending too many
Covenant Marriage Seminars. I’ve mellowed somehow.

gian smiths said...

You should have more Family Blessings times.