Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tomorrow Brings Such Uncertainty

It is 9:40 p. The early election results are starting to be posted on the nightly news. Wins in PA and OH are predicted for Obama. Wins in other states are predicted for McCain. But I will wait until morning to see the final results. Ultimately, I will still cling to the the truth of Romans 13 and the sovereignty of God.

We had a wonderful dinner this evening. Keri prepared a stir fry of chicken and vegetables over rice. Of course, the meal was followed with a bowl of MCCIC!

Our two families enjoyed a devotional time together. I opened in prayer. Rod read and shared some reflections on Job 1, followed by some reflections on the armor of God from Ephesians 6. His daughter played two selections on the violin , including "As the Deer." Our son played "Wonderful Cross" on the guitar, and closed in prayer.

It is wonderful having our whole family together here. Tonight, I hugged them each tightly and told them how much I love them. I cannot be certain which night will be my last. I long to see Jesus face to face to face, but cannot imagine what it will be like to be away from them.

Tomorrow brings such uncertainty.

2 comments:

Roger said...

Whew, nice site! Been a long time reading blogs. I was so caught up arranging a Family Blessings convention for my church. I’m glad to have a good read.

Rocky Covenant Marriage said...

I agree with you, I guess. I just don’t know how to argue just as passionately. Perhaps this is the result of attending too many
Covenant Marriage Seminars. I’ve mellowed somehow.