First, to those of you in our local churches that have an opportunity to influence the twenty-somethings, the college-age people:
1. What are you doing to encourage these young adults that are our future church leaders: Sunday School teachers, deacons, Bible study teachers, small group leaders, asssistant pastors, missionaries, etc. ?
2. Is there a particular ministry in which you are presently involved where you can bring a young person alongside you and train them? Perhaps as a teaching assistant in a Sunday School class. Or can you encourage a young person to get involved in the homeless ministry? Or a missions project? Or a music ministry? Or can you identify and encourage a young man to pursue a pastoral ministry? THERE IS NO REASON FOR OUR CHURCH NOT TO IDENTIFY, ENCOURAGE, AND SUPPORT A YOUNG MAN IN PURSUING MINISTRY.
3. Is there a particular young person in the church for which God has given you a burden? Ae you willing to take on this young person in a mentoring relationship?
And now for the twenty-somethings:
1. What gifts, talents, resources, etc. has God given you t0 be used in ministry in the local church?
2. In what areas of ministry is God leading you to pursue? Do you have a particular passion for a certain ministry?
3. Is there a particular adult involved in a ministry that you would like to follow?
You are the future of our local church ministry. I want to encourage you to pray about your involvement in how God is leading you.