Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Notes

It has been a few days since I have posted.

The pain in my thighs has been severe, and we are still experimenting with dosages of pain medication.

On Wednesday, I had a blood transfusion. My hemoglobin level was a 6.9. Normal for adult males is 14, I think. That probably explains why I have been so drowsy lately.

On Thursday, we visited the oncologist. He gave me some suggestions for pain management and explained our options for treatment of the cancer in these new areas. He gave us some literature to read. So, my wife and I have to take some time to prayerfully consider the options available to us at this point.

Today I had a CAT scan of my chest and abdominal area to see if the cancer has spread into any of the internal organs. We should have the results of that test next week.

Thankfully, I have friends who were willing to drive me to my appointments on Wednesday and Friday so that my wife could teach for me at school. I am thankful for these friends and servants of the Lord.

I am thankful for my wife who loves me so much that she is committed to teaching for me when I cannot.

We are continuing to trust the Lord, day by day, moment by moment.

Blessed be the LORD, who daily bears our burden, the God who is our salvation. Psalm 68:19.

2 comments:

Franklin Family Blessings said...

Whew, nice site! Been a long time reading blogs. I was so caught up arranging a family blessings convention for my church. I’m glad to have a good read.

Googleman said...

Pardon me for missing the point, but since I’ve just attended a few Covenant Marriage Seminars, I’m inclined to think more positively. My answer is neither yes nor no, but whichever is the most peaceful method.