Friday, August 22, 2008

God's Will for Us

A few thoughts on 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 . . .

Rejoice always. Joy is always appropriate, because it is not based on our circumstances, but is the result of our relationship with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the source of our joy.

Pray without ceasing. Not continuously or repetitiously, but persistently and regularly. Live with a consciousness of God’s presence. An awareness of our dependence on Him.

In everything give thanks. We can give thanks in all things because we know that in all things, God is at work. Doing what is right and good and just.

Rejoice. Pray. Give thanks.

This is God’s will. For you. Who are in Christ Jesus.

On Wednesday morning, I had a surgical biopsy of my right femur. It was not as bad as I had feared. Things rarely are (as bad as we fear). This morning, I am in great pain, but able to walk with crutches. We have a follow-up appointment with the orthopedist on Tuesday to go over the pathology report.

My parents have been here since Tuesday evening and have been a great help with taking care of our children, making meals, etc. My dad has completed some household projects.

Tomorrow morning, we are all headed up to West Point to see our son and the other cadets graduate from Cadet Basic Training. We are anticipating a great day!

We have had several e-mails from our new cadet and, like all the new cadets, he is very busy now that classes have started.

Today is a day of rest for me. A day to spend some time playing with our younger son. For my wife, it is a day of catching up from the two days that we were away and preparing to be away for the weekend.

My wife is a gem. Rare and beautiful.

It is Friday morning. My thoughts are random as I remain under the influence of pain killers. There is still a great deal of uncertainty surrounding the biopsy. Yet we rejoice, pray, and give thanks. This is God’s will for us.

1 comment:

King Family Blessings said...

Sorry for interrupting but do you know any expert counselor or family blessings lecturer? I think with all the troubles my family is experiencing, we badly need either of the two. Thanks.