Thursday, May 29, 2008

Waldo Says . . .

All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Each day with cancer is a new adventure. Really, each day of life is a new adventure. Period. Just when we think we have it all figured out, something new pops up. A new side-effect of the chemotherapy. A new bend in the road. An unexpected bill. A friend in need of help.

But I am learning not to let these new circumstances get to me. Because I have seen God's faithfulness in the past, I can trust Him with my present and with my future. As I have probably written before, He never promised to take away my difficult circumstances (though He could!) but He did promise to see me through each one, for my good and for His glory.

So far (this is Day 3), I am doing well after the 7th round of chemotherapy. I am tired, but not worn out to the point that I need a blood transfusion. I continue to lay low and take all the available remedies for nausea and mouth sores. So far, so good.

It is a beautiful day. I am alive. And I am in the hands of my loving Savior!

1 comment:

Jeremiah Covenant Marriage said...

Even if I get what you said, my views are still so different. I guess being in so many symposiums, life discussions and
Covenant Marriage Seminars seminars have nurtured this kind of thinking.