Saturday, May 17, 2008

To Be Used for His Glory

It is Saturday afternoon. So far I have avoided a fever and a consequent admission to the hospital. Thanks be to God.

Would I thank Him and praise Him if I was now on a hospital bed in Allentown instead of my own bed? Yes, I believe I would. It's all a matter of choosing my attitude. New circumstances arise each day. Choices need to be made.

What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee. Psalm 56:3.

In any circumstance we must make a purposeful decision – we can respond with fear or with confidence in the LORD. I choose to place my trust in Him. First, because He tells me in His Word that I can. Second, because past experience has shown that He never fails.

Be Thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Thy glory be above all the earth. Psalm 57:5.

God’s glory is more important that having our problems solved. Do I want to be healed from this cancer? Do I want to return to the teaching position I love? Yes. Yes. God certainly can and may bring those things to pass. But as one who was created by Him and redeemed by death of His Son, I must surrender my will to His. His glory is more important than my comfort. If remaining in these circumstances are His will, I will praise Him and continue to seek His glory. If I am healed, I will praise Him, and continue to seek His glory. Of course, the latter road will require an extra measure of His grace, which He has already promised.

Today, I choose to trust in God. I choose to seek His will over mine. I choose to allow Him to use me, if He will, for His glory.

No comments: