Sunday, July 13, 2008

God Has Invited Me

Come, Christians, join to sing Alleluia! Amen!
Loud praise to Christ our King; Alleluia! Amen!
Let all. With heart and voice, before His throne rejoice;
Praise is His gracious choice: Alleluia! Amen.

In a few hours, our family will be getting dressed and traveling about seventeen miles to gather with other believers to sing loud praises to Christ our King. Also to pray together and to listen to the Word of God.

As I began reading Paul’s first letter to the church at Thessalonica this morning, I was reminded, in verse one, of the significance of the church.

He writes to the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and to the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Greek word that is translated church refers to a group of people who are called out by God to gather for the purpose of meeting with God. God Himself initiates the gathering and invites all who will call upon Jesus Christ as Lord.

When I call upon Jesus Christ as Lord, I am choosing to give Him absolute authority in my life. The authority that He rightly deserves as my Creator and Redeemer. But I have a choice.

Today, I choose to gather with fellow believers because Jesus Christ is my Lord and He calls me to come together with others who also choose to call Him Lord. We gather to praise and glorify Him. We gather to be built up and encouraged by one another through singing, praying, and the teaching of God’s Word so that we will be prepared, for the rest of the week to glorify God by loving Him and loving others.

God has invited me. So I will come.

1 comment:

James Family Blessings said...

Thanks to you, now I know what is the real value of Family Blessings! Thank you very much for this blog!