Saturday, June 28, 2008

One Thing

If I could do just this one thing . . .

One thing I have desired of the LORD, that I will seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple. Psalm 27:4.
David’s primary purpose is life, his one thing, was to live in God’s presence, according to His purpose.

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things that are behind and reaching forward to those things that are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:12-14. Paul’s one thing was to pursue Christ-likeness.

This is our daily pursuit, to do this one thing, to be more like the One who created and redeemed us. To recognize that we, as believers in Jesus Christ, have the Holy Spirit living in us, and that we have the ability to exhibit Christ-like thinking and behavior in every situation of life. To know that we live in Him and that He lives in us. To know that we are His and not our own. To know and live according to His purpose.

No comments: